FIGU Landesgruppe Canada
N.B. This translation contains errors due to the insurmountable language differences between German and English
Under English Discussionboard of FIGU: The Body Jan 6, 2010
Excerpt From Contact 230 Plejaren Contact Block 6 Pg 68 Wednesday Oct 11, 1989 04:01 AM
Yes, thank you. Then a question about protein: athletes cram themselves full of protein products, in order to build muscle, to have more strength, and to have more endurance. In a newspaper article, it was written that in this regard, up to three or four grams of protein are often supplied to the body, and especially dairy products and the egg whites of eggs play an important role. But for my part, I think that this certainly cannot be healthy.
538. That is correct, because in fact, the supplying of such protein into the body can be hazardous to health and, under certain circumstances, can even lead to death.
539. Too much protein removes calcium from the bones and makes them brittle and, thus, fragile.
540. In particular, large quantities of milk should be avoided, for especially this removes a lot of calcium from the body.
541. Too much protein also harms the function of the kidney and, thus, the overall health of the body.
542. In terms of health damage, children of all ages are especially vulnerable to many forms of milk protein, which is why milk and milk products should be given to them as little as possible.
543. Especially to infants, nothing but breast milk should be given, so no animal milk.
544. Large quantities of milk, taken regularly, are also harmful to adults.
545. The daily requirement of protein for humans typically amounts to 500 to 1,000 milligrams per kilogram of body weight, whereby the protein requirement increases with great physical efforts and may reach, at most, an uppermost value of 1,750 milligrams.
546. Infants are to be at the lower limit of the aforementioned amount, which also means that the protein requirements may vary according to age, which is why older people and also younger ones, under certain circumstances, may have a lower protein requirement.
547. But if this is not ensured, then there is the risk that osteoporosis will appear, a condition where calcium, phosphorus, and alkaline phosphatase are in the referenced range.
548. Each milligram that goes beyond this measure can cause health damages, affecting the body and the bones, as well as the brain, whereby the latter is impaired in its clear functioning.
549. And before you ask:
550. Osteoporose, respectively osteoporosis, is a systemic disease of the skeleton, whereby a decrease in the bone mass takes place, as well as a high-class deterioration of the microarchitecture of the bone tissue.
551. This condition means that the bones are brittle and fragile; therefore, there is an enormous risk of fracture.
552. This condition already occurs in younger people as primary, idiopathic, respectively juvenile osteoporosis.
553. Secondary osteoporosis occurs in older people, particularly involutional osteoporosis.
554. And when I speak of the Earth people in particular, it must be said that age-related osteoporosis steadily increases in large quantities worldwide, for the necessary substances are not supplied to the body, bones, and brain, etc. by the food.
555. Already for quite some time, foods, including vegetables and fruits, have been increasingly lacking the substances that are of vital importance for people, such as vitamins, trace elements, and minerals, etc., which leads to increased illnesses and to the depletion of bone tissue.
556. And this evil will still increase in the coming time.
557. Therefore, it is advisable that in addition to the usual food, all lacking substances are supplied to the body separately, namely in the form of dietary supplements, as they are freely commercially available worldwide.
558. Pathogenesis, the exaggerated depletion of bone tissue, is crucial for the development of osteoporosis, which occurs through the osteoclasts, which normally regulate the ongoing bone renewal.
559. Osteoporosis can, indeed, be caused genetically, respectively by the genes; although, movement also plays a certain role, but especially wrong nourishment, together with diseases of an endocrinal, gastrointestinal, and malignant form.
560. Also, various medications can contribute to osteoporosis, as well as all sorts of beverages, including alcohol.
561. Through a decrease in the mechanical load capacity, the danger of fractures increases.
562. When fractures appear with extremities, these are associated with acute pains, which dissolve again, however, after the healing of the fracture.
563. But if fractures of the vertebrae appear, then the pains that degenerate chronically continue to remain, as a rule, even after the healing.
564. This is why permanent deformations appear with mismatches of the facet joints.
565. Also, changes in the static loads and the false loads of ligaments, muscles, and tendons contribute to chronic pains.
566. The lack of certain substances “ like mainly vitamin D, fluoride, calcium, estrogen, progestin, and calcitonin “ leads to osteoporosis, which is why these substances must also be supplied when osteoporosis has already become acute.
567. These substances inhibit the resorption of the bones, which also applies to specific medicines.
568. If a person reaches old age and suffers from osteoporosis, then certain anabolic steroids can also be very helpful.
569. Gymnastics, physiotherapy, and analgesics should not find general use but should be adapted to the clinical picture of the person affected by osteoporosis.
570. As a rule and duty, preventive measures should be taken by people who have a healthy bone structure but with whom an increased risk of osteoporosis or osteopenia exists, yet who are still spared from fractures.
571. This rule and duty also applies to those of higher age and is highly recommended.
572. For the prevention of osteoporosis, there should also be an increase in physical activity, along with a diet that is rich in calcium and that includes a sufficient amount of vitamin D, together with all other substances.
573. Also very important is sufficient exposure to sunlight, but it must also be ensured that eyesight, skin, and tissue are not harmed by the solar radiation.
574. This warning will especially be important in the future because through the depletion of the ozone layer, solar radiation will become more and more aggressive, and in the future, the summers will become hotter and hotter.
575. Thus, the danger of the black cancer of the skin by the Sun will rise in the future, and it will particularly encounter those people who, unprotected, exposed themselves to solar radiation, as a result of their unreasonableness.
Uh, that was quite an explanation. But many thanks for the details.